Friday, September 18, 2015

In Search Of. . . Thoughts: Eeyore

In Search Of. . . Thoughts: Eeyore



This place has been pretty desolate....




Oh look a tumbleweed... That's pretty desolate right?


I'm not entirely sure why people think that tumbleweeds mean a desolate place. I live in the west, and I've had one encounter with a tumbleweed. I was driving down a road during a rainstorm, and the tumbleweed ran into my car. It got hooked on the grill and since I was in traffic I couldn't get it off the front of my car.


Anyway... I will say this blog has been pretty desolate lately as that draft for the butterscotch latte in my post box reminds me.


As some of you may have gathered from previous posts, sometimes I get low. It's a typical thing for people to get low once in a while, but this past month, I think was one of the lowest, busiest time for me in a while. Between getting ready for the wedding, which was beautiful, and I don't know what else.


I was full-on Eeyore. I think I gave him a run for his money.





There was a whole week where I came home and went straight to bed. Woke up around nine to walk the dog, and then doodled around for a few hours and went back to bed.


My hobbies were literally eating and sleeping. Unfortunately those hobbies are like rabbits that keep reproducing themselves. And those babies have babies, who have babies, who have more tiny evil little babies who only sleep and eat until you're drowning in these baby bunnies. It's kind of like Tribbles from Star Trek, only less happy.


I didn't write. I didn't draw. I most definitely didn't work out or eat healthy. No joke, I think I went to McDonalds and got the works like three times, which for me, is ridiculous. At one point I remember there being cookies involved. Yay for fatty, carby, bad for you-y food right?


The only thing I did do was watch beauty channels on YouTube, which inspired me.  To spend money. So on one of my trips to the land of mall, I decided to forage in the jungles of Ulta for hair stuff and other stuff I didn't need. However, the wild beauty beasts attacked me, and the natives refused to let me go until I agreed to take some of the wild beauty beasts with me.


With those safely in my orange protection back, I decided to explore the rest of the land of mall. Because touching things, even if you don't buy them for some reason calms me down. (It's probably the copious amounts of walking I do that gives me endorphins.) Anyway, so I was wandering in the vast land of mall when I realized, I didn't want to shop.


That's like Superman not flying.


Shopping is my super power.


I was low, like I said. Full-on Eeyore. I went home and laid down and thought about it. I don't have to write or anything, but I just can't go on living like there's nothing left in life. I needed to get up and do something.


So, I took two weeks and wrote this post. Bought some fruit to begin a new eating habit to replace the Big Macs, and bought a crate to crate train the dog.


I know that no matter what I do, I will go low. It's a fact of life, but I don't have to stay low. I can get back up, dust myself off, and face whatever has got me down at the moment. (Even when there's no real reason to be sad.)


Now, the blog's got it's fall background, and hopefully I'll get back to semi regular updates.

Here's to hoping you find what you're searching for.


As Always,







No comments :

Post a Comment