Tuesday, December 1, 2015

25 Day of Beauty: DIY Hair Mask






 Oh, new blog theme for the Holiday. I haven't decided if I'll change it again in February or not. Maybe. 

So over the next 25 days, I'm going to try to do different beauty thing every day. To start us off, I'm going to do a hair mask. We all need one of these every once in a while. And, as you will find out, my favorite thing is cheap. *ahem* inexpensive. Anyway, I figured I do DIY. Since those can be cheaper. 

All in all I think it cost me like $3.00 for everything. 

Here are your supplies. 

Banana is great for hydrating hair. It's a natural conditioner. 
Avocado is kind of the same thing. It's hydrating and good for frizzy hair. This makes this recipe really great for winter, especially in dry climates. 

Step one mush up Avocado and Banana





As an after thought, I would actually recommend putting this bad boy in the blender. I didn't mix it well enough and I had to wash my hair twice to get the chunks out. Not kidding. 
I had weird things in my hair, at least it smelled like bananas.



STEP 2: Prep hair
I don't normally brush my hair when it's dry, so it didn't occur to me right now. But yeah, you should comb through your hair to get the knots out first. It makes washing that much easier.


STEP 3:
Apply to your hair. I just did it with my hands. I don't really know how else to do it.


STEP 4:
Saturate your hair. 
Avocado is really good for your scalp. 

STEP 5:
Leave in for 10 to 15 Minutes.  


STEP 6:
Rinse the mask as well as you can, but then you should also wash your hair with shampoo and condition as well.
Like I said, I had to wash my hair two times to get the stuff out of it. 


STEP 7: 
Dry and Style. 


There you have it a nice hydrating hair mask. I will admit that my hair was shinier, but I also added a little bit of coconut oil to the ends because I had to wash it two days in a row.

As a side note, if you're horribly allergic to bananas and avocados, I don't recommend doing this hair mask, just because the oil does get in your skin and some of it gets in your mouth. 


There you have it folks, the first of the 25 Day of Beauty


As always, 











No comments :

Post a Comment