Friday, June 20, 2014

In Search Of. . . Fitness

In Search Of. . . Fitness
85 % of women have body-image issues. On a smaller scale, of the 20 women you know 17 of them hate at least one thing about their body. That’s pretty standard. Despite what polls show, I think women have always been dissatisfied with themselves. That’s the nature of the beast.
We all don’t like something about ourselves, but the question is what do we do about it?
Not a whole devil of a lot.
Most of us are content to hate the reflection in the mirror and say, “I’ll start working out tomorrow.” (Personally, tomorrow is one of my favorite excuses.) But a million tomorrows come and go, and none of us ever really make a change. I’m guilty of that.
Lately, I look more like an apple with toothpicks stuck in me. Stupid genetics making me gain weight in the middle. Once upon a time I was fit. I had cut muscles and felt amazing, emotionally. Elle Woods’s bit about endorphins and not killing had some truth to it.
 Now, I’m fed up with waiting for tomorrow and missing the days when my muscles had those attractive cut lines. It was time to get off my duff and get fit. I figured I’d share my adventure with you. If I can inspire one person to at least consider getting fit, I won’t feel like such a failure.
To put everything in proportion, I’m 5’4” and 140lbs.
Starting Measurements:
Bust: 40.5 inches
Waist: 33 inches
Stomach: 39 inches
Hips: 40 inches
Rear: 41 inches
Thighs: 22 inches
Calves: 13 inches
Arms: 10 inches


Now before you all role your eyes and say I’m one of those girls. I’m not. I don’t have a dysmorphic view of my body; I just want to be the best I can.  

2 comments :

  1. I figured I'd leave you a comment on here in addition to my comment on FB (since I know that building comments on the blog and not just on FB is important). Very good. I completely get this one. I am forever on a diet and have yo-yo'd since high school. Ugh. Your measurements, though, my dear, are still far from fat. Just to let you know. And I like how your "Welcome to" started with "In search of..." and your first post starts with "In search of..." Ties it together nicely. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to keep the "In Search Of..." theme going through out. And I know what you mean about the yo-yo diets. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete