Tuesday, March 1, 2016

February Ipsy Bag vs Beauty Box 5

 
So, I'm a bad blogger. What can I say? I'm sorry. I guess I can say that. Well, I will say this will be the last Ipsy Bag review for a while. I need to save some money because all my friends keep getting 
married, and I can't say no to their weddings. I love weddings. 
Don't worry though. Once I get my life sorted out, I'll be back at the old grind stone.
But anyway, I can't promise a whole lot in March, but I will make an effort to do more writing of a literary sort. 
There will probably be some makeup looks, and I have ideas to do a follow me around. 
Oh well, I'll stop rambling. 
Enjoy this comparison. 
IPSY BAG 


Their theme this month was #PrettyinIpsyPink


One thing Ipsy will always have over Beauty Box 5 is the bag. I really love this month's bag too. It's pretty roomy and really cute. It's got a raised look and the back is pink patent leather. 

Margaret Dabbs Crystal Nail File
I think this was my least used product this month. It's really a nice thing too. Crystal nail files are better for your nails as far as splitting. 
This one costs 12.00 euros, so roughly 13.03 in American according to Google.

Naked Cosmetics in the color Sierra Nevada #05. 


Again, not another favorite. It's a pretty color, but I haven't sat down to play with it. I'm not a huge fan of loose powders because they go EVERYWHERE!
To buy this from the website is $14.00, but I couldn't figure out if that was a different size. It's a mica pigment which means it's more a long the lines of a mineral makeup. 
I think I need to play with it some and see what I can do. 

Trust Fund Beauty in I'm Kind of a Big Deal



I actually like this color. It has pretty decent staying power, even on my nails. It dries quickly and one coat does the job. It's a nice pink too. I will probably wear this on my toes come summer time.
To buy it from the site costs $15.00 for this size. So even if nothing else in the bag is a full size, this makes it worth it.

Vintage by Jessica Liebeskind in color Pink Sequin 

(Here it's pictured over Tresique Florence Fig from a previous bag.)

I like this lip gloss. It's not gross and sticky as lip glosses go. It's kind of moisturizing, and I think it has a little bit of plumping. At least, it did  for me. It looks pretty alone, and from what I can tell has really great staying power.  
A full size costs $21.00. I would actually be tempted to buy other colors. I'll have to see how often I use this and then decide. 

The last thing is the Smashbox primer oil 
Ok, so this is a premier product, I think. A full size is $42.00, I think. I used it a few times. I think it's supposed to prime your skin before you have your make up on. So you use it day and night before make up and bed. I guess the idea is to moisturize your skin so you'll more naturally have a better finish. 
I used it a few times, and it made my makeup go on smoothly, but I got oily really quickly. I have naturally oily skin. I'd probably have to do a tester using it for a while before I made a final verdict though.

That's the IPSY bag. 

Now, for the Beauty Box 5. 


 This isn't a full size despite what my little sheet told me. It's a a full travel size, but anyway. I didn't really care for this. It smells like a nail salon to me. I kind of pick up the kiwi-mango scent, but not really. It mostly smells like acrlyic, because of that I'm less inclined to use it except when I travel. 
A full size costs $7.99, so this would probably be around $4.00? something like that. It's 2 fl. oz. 


Starlooks  lip liner in Sultry Sangria


So, this is actually a custom creation that Beauty Box 5 did with Starlooks to celebrate their 4th birthday. It's a pretty natural lip color. I don't wear much lip liner. I should, but I don't unfortunately, so this doesn't get as much use as it should. I do like to wear it with my more natural colors. 
It's $16.00 for the mechanical pencil.

Manna Kadar Beauty 3 in 1 Shadow, Highlight, and Blush in Fantasy


I really like this as a highlight and a think for inner corner of my eye. That's one swipe. I know it doesn't translate as well in the full make up picture above, but I'm wearing it there. It's a really great formula. It's got staying power and great color pay off. I know I'll be using this one a lot. I would buy this one too. 
It costs $19.00, but it's worth it. You get a lot of product and it seems like it's going to last a long time. 


Primer is always appreciated. I have an Elizabeth Mott product I got from my ipsy bag a few months ago. I like this one. Again, I was wearing it in the above picture and nearly after 6 hours everything was in place. I want to test it out some more, but I think it would be something I would buy again. 
This is a sample size, you get 5g in the box. If you want a full size it's $20.00 for 10g. Doing a cost to product ratio, this one could cost $10.00. 

Epic Blend Hemp Lip Balm in flavor coconut

This is actually my favorite thing in between the two honestly. I love this stuff. I normally can't keep chapstick, but I'm holding on to this one for dear life. It's really moisturizing and smells amazing. 
It's $3.49, which is ironic because it is my favorite. 


So verdict, Ipsy was too gimmicky this moth and Beauty Box was 5. So it's two for two. I'll probably revisit this again one day once I'm done going to weddings. lol. 

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this. 

Follow me on Instagram to keep up with me at Insearchofwonderment. 

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment