Friday, August 26, 2016

Shannxo Palette Review


So for roughly a year now I've been watching Shannxo on Youtube. She's one of my favorite Beauty Youtubers. A while ago, she came out with her own palette in compilation with BH Cosmetics. It's a really nice palette that comes with 9 eye shadows and 9 lipsticks. 
Normally it retails for roughly $22.00, but I bought it on sale on $14.50. I felt like it was a pretty good buy, even if I had paid $22.00 it would still only be $1.23 per color. Buying it on sale, I only paid $0.81 per color. 

They're clinically and allergy tested. Non-irritating and paraben free. I want to say, she says it's not tested on animals; but I don't remember. To see her debut palette video click here




It comes in a dual sided compact with the lipsticks on one side and lipsticks on the other. I like how small it is, which makes it easy to take with you in a purse. (That's what I did as I was doing my 10 Looks.)  
First well talk about the lipsticks. 





The lipsticks come in a wide variety colors. Pretty much all the colors general you need for nearly every look, unless you're doing something wild, but even then. They have almost a gloss texture to me; rather, it's not like an actual lipstick. You can use your finger or a brush to put it on. Personally, I prefer a brush, just because my I don't like to stain my fingers. (95% of the time I get anything on my fingers on my clothes.) 


The colors don't necessarily have staying power, but they work a lot like a lip stain. They do have a lot of transfer, but you will still retain the color on your lips, especially the darker ones. The lipsticks are supposed to be moisturizing, and I will say yes, they feel really good on the lips and have a nice shine. 

Next the Eye shadows. 




These are all pretty pigmented. They're all pretty colors, but I wish there were a little more variety. There are a lot of shimmers and browns. It does have one due chrome. The 8th shadow either has a rust color or a green color, depending on the light and if you have another color under it. This is good for doing a lot of neutral looks. You can get a few more dramatic looks, but I feel like all the warm browns just naturally lend themselves to neutrals, at least they do to me.  

Another nice thing is you can use the second color as a highlight. It's really pretty that way too. So I either use it for that or for the inner corner. So that's a neat little two-for. 
They have really good staying power. I can wear them nearly all day with little wear off--and that's with out a primer. 

So I'm pretty satisfied with this buy. I like how easy it is to transport nearly your entire face with you. I intend to take it when I travel. 

If you want to buy the palette yourself, you can go here


Enjoy!
post signature
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment