Sunday, May 27, 2018

Not So Mellow about MelloWax



So a little while back, I went through a shopping craze and purchased a bunch of stuff on Instagram. Because Why not? It worked in Blazing Saddles.

Among these things, I purchased was Mello Wax. I had seen it every once in a grand while on Instagram and other places. It claims to be an easy to use at-home wax kit. The company, based in Australia, sells both home kits and wholesale. It includes wax, in various flavors, wax pots, and applicators.

I’m a budding esthetician trying to find products that I want to use for myself both professionally and personally. And again, I was looking to burn some extra cash. (Because I have this laying around in spades, right?)

So April 4, I placed an order for a wax pot that came with wax beads and then some extra beads. Total came out to a whopping $77.95. That kind of hurt my wallet, but whatever. I wanted to use this wax pot and beads specifically for other people. I’d hoped to recoup the money to make it worth it. Granted you do get free shipping.
I got a shipping confirmation the same day. I clicked on the track my package button, and nothing showed up.
Ok cool. A few days go by and  still nothing. So I send off an email on April 9.
They told me to wait 24-48 hours for it update. April 4 to April 9. I’m not a mathematician but I’m pretty sure that’s more than 24-48 hours, even if you count weekends.


via GIPHY

So I told them as much, but much nicer. And then they replied that the parcel had in fact left their facility, but it was taking much longer of for the tracking pages to update.

Ok.

Well, it never updated. April 14 I emailed them again. My order still hadn’t shipped, and if this was the way they did business, couldn’t trust their product. I wanted to cancel my order, so I sent another email. No response. I asked for a cancellation through the website. By now it’s the 17th, by the way.


Anyway, back to my story. So they didn’t cancel my order, and it does ship on April 18. Doesn’t actually arrive until May 10. So literally over a month to get my product. And they denied me cancellation.  Been a stellar experience so far.

All right so it arrives.

I already own a wax pot so I put some in with what was left of mine and waxed my under arms and brows. It did ok, but left a lot of wax behind.  I thought it could be because it was mixed with my wax. I wanted to try it fresh in the unused pot.

I offered to wax a friends eyebrows in. I don’t double dip, unless I’m waxing myself from my own pot, so I used the Mellowax pot on my friend. 

It never melted down to a good consistency, but I waxed her anyway. It did the worst job in the world at waxing. It left behind so much residue anywhere the wax wasn’t super thick. I ended up scrubbing her eyebrows with lotion and plucking them. 

It was so bad. So bad. I didn’t even let her pay me

Obviously I couldn't use this for people like I wanted. I decided to use it up on myself. I remelted the wax and poured into my own wax pot. Then I waxed my legs. 

Which by the way, this wax wouldn’t be cost effective for waxing large areas. It would take too much wax. 

Anyway, it did a decent job. But left a lot of hair. Some visible hairs, but I already have little prickles and doesn't make the skin as smooth as just a regular wax. It hurts the same as all the other wax I use. Again anywhere the wax isn't super thick it leaves a lot of wax behind. Currently, I look like a druid with all the left over wax on my legs.





Also, it's hard to get the beads to the right consistency. The mellowax pot doesn't melt them down enough. It gets too melted in the regular pot.

Personal verdict……. Don’t waste your time or money on this product. It’s not worth it. 


No comments :

Post a Comment