Thursday, August 21, 2014

In Search of . . . Written Words: Book update

In Search of. . . Written Words
Time for a book update. I hadn't imagined reading this fast, but I have no life.

1. Harry potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, J.K. Rowling. Pretty much the movie exactly. Although, I did have to read the entire series once I started. Stupid inability to finish things.

2. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, J.K. Rowling. Nothing like the movie really. They changed several elements, but it's my favorite book and movie. Also, Rowling does a really good job of retelling events that happened in previous books with in the book you're reading.

3. "Little Match Girl", Hans Christian Andersen. Most of us know the story of the little girl trying to sell matches on Christmas night.

4. "Rapunzel", Brothers Grimm. If you want a detailed story of it, go here.

5. "The Raven", Edgar Allen Poe. This is my favorite poem. I love Poe's use of cadence and rhythm.

6. Romeo and Juliet, William Shakespeare. Tragedy of pre-teens in love, who do stupid things
because they are only 13 and 18.

7. A Room of One's Own, Virginia Woolf. More stream of conscious, and it makes me want to cry. I had no earthly clue what was going on in this stupid essay.


As Always,

No comments :

Post a Comment