Wednesday, June 10, 2015

In Search Of. . . Observations: To Read or Not To Read

In Search Of. . . Observations: To Read or Not To Read
 
 
 
 
 
 
I know I always go on about the Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge, but I do want to take a moment and say, I don't endorse a lot of the books on there. I try to let people know if I've read a particularly horrible book, but I don't always keep up with that.
 
If any of you are taking on the Challenge, I would want you to know that, some of these books shouldn't be read by people of certain ages; other's shouldn't be read at all. It's not a matter of quality either. It's a matter of content. There are plenty of books that are poor quality that have all right content. Others of them are well-written, but the content prevents it from being a recommendable book.
 
I can only give my opinion of the books. I'm not you. I can't say don't read this book because of such and such. You're the one who knows your own standards, and has to live with your conscience.

To help you be more aware of the content of the books, I will put ratings with them. I'll be going by movie ratings. Some of you may say that's not really a lot of help. No, it may not be the most accurate thing, but it will help some.

When selecting a book, especially if you're still forming your own thoughts, you should be aware of what it puts in your mind. It stays with you forever and influences you in some way. It may not feel like it's there, but it is. Even if you're older you should still be aware of that. The things you read may make you aware of the thoughts of an people or era, or change you view of something entirely.
 
It's always good to have a standard when you're reading and evaluating what you read.
 
Just remember, Good books don't necessiarly mean good content. No matter what you read, good or bad, it will influence you in some way.
 
 
As Always,
 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment