Saturday, June 3, 2017

June Goals and the #writeawayjune Challenge

All right then, we're back at this!


(Notice the superfluous use of the exclamation point. Generally, I hate exclamation points, but on occasion... anyway...)

So, let's see how May Goals went...
May Goals
Blog Goals
Continue to post once a week. (Gotta do it for more than one month, so it becomes habit.)
I think that's my only blog goal this month. 
Life Goals
Keep up with the stupid chore chart. I made it for a reason.... 
Find a place to live. (I'm not homeless, just moving.)
Save up more money for a huge vacation to China!
Stop eating out as much as possible. 
Write 30 minutes once a week. 
Health Goals. 
Make it to 145 lbs by the end of the month. 
Go to the gym three times a week. (Which shouldn't be hard, I attend three classes a week.)
Up my running interval on the treadmill to 6 minute spurts with 5 minute walks. 
So yeah... May Goals... not so much. 
I didn't write once a week. I tried, but failed like in the second week of May.  I'm still in the same apartment I was before. 
And I didn't keep up with the chore chart. 
I was almost at my weekly gym goal, but my little brother got married so I missed all last week. Ah well. 

See, I was a bridesmaid. 

Because I'm going to do the #writeawayjune challenge, I'm not going to do my monthly goals. That will be my one goal. And as I am two days behind, I'll post the first two challenges here. 

Day 1: A Picture that inspires a story and Brainstorm with it. 


A orange sun sets on a hot, desolate, fallen world. This is life after the event. Only handful survived, barely enough to actually rebuild. The protagonist stands in one of the many empty sky scrappers towering over his desolate home. In the distance he can see what looks like bodies on a machine. Necessary death, he had to do it. Living with that guilt, he must work to rebuild what he destroyed.


Day 2: Your favorite Character to write about
I don't have any pictures for this one, which is just as well. My favorite character to write about is Zariel Harcos. She's one of the main characters in a novel series I've been working on. 

Standing 5'4" she was tiny, her heart shaped face set hard against the world and everything in it.  Large, light green eyes regarded the room, searching each posture and pose. She preferred it that way. Only those who knew her really well could induce any useful conversation beyond thinly veiled disdain. She didn't revel in their discomfort, but that hard militant edge made them feel like she was judging their every move. 
People only spoke to her when absolutely necessary, and unfortunately for her, this business meeting was absolutely necessary. 
She moved nearer to her brother, the more well received of the Harocs siblings; although, none of them were overly well received. Something about them made people uncomfortable. 



Anyway, those are days 1 and 2. I'll post three later, but I didn't want this to be a super text heavy (not that it isn't already) post. Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment