Tuesday, September 22, 2015

In Search Of. . . Beauty: Ipsy Glam Bag

In Search Of. . . Beauty: Ipsy Glam Bag

So, I've been on a beauty kick lately and decided to order an Ipsy Glam bag, and for those of you who don't know what it is, I'll explain. 

Every month you get a pretty nifty little bag and four or five either sample or full size items. You go to the ipsy website and take a quick little quiz to personalize your bag to your over all coloring and style. It costs 10.00 and that includes the shipping.

At one point it allows you to select a stylist. I think Ipsy assumes that you can tell just by these little pictures who your style most like. It doesn't work you need to go to their YouTube channels and see if you like them. You can do that here. You can watch a few videos and decide.

I had to go back and retake the quiz and when I did this I realized that I hadn't picked who I thought I'd like.

So I waited, rather impatiently for my first Glambag to come and it did. In a super bright pink bubble wrap envelope that I'm saving for later because you never know when you'll need one.
My bag and goodies were inside.

This is what I got.
ignore the Jewelry... I was playing with my new light box I made..

I got some pretty cool stuff. As you see, a lipstick, eye shadow, brow gel, some aragan oil for my hair and a little lotion. I haven't tried the Aragan oil yet, but everything else I have. 

I'll give you a little run down. I might do one each month I get one of these. I'm not sure how I feel about the cost/worth ratio. 

I took some vanity shots of me wearing some of the products. We can start with my favorite thing. The Lipstick. It's City Color Cosmetics, City Chic Lipsticks in color Je t'aime. 


Here's the actual lipstick color and since that doesn't do it justice, here it is on my mouth. 



That's more true to color. Anyway, I like this lipstick a lot. It goes on very smoothly and the color lasts for a while on your mouth. Granted it doesn't have stay power, but I felt like that it kind of stained my lips. Not in a bad way though. Like my lips retained the color after eating and daily wear. It wasn't anything magnificent, but at the same time the formula is better than a lot of lipsticks. It's more moisturizing than most lipsticks. I think this was my favorite thing in the whole bag. 

The thing I was the least impressed with was the lotion. 

It's a standard run of the mill lotion. It seals your skin, if that's the right term and it's unscented which is good in for scent free work places. Sorry you can't see the title in the picture. I was playing with my light box and getting shadows and lighting... 

It's First Aid Beauty's Ultra Repair. 
Yes, it does well as a lotion, but nothing to write home about. Actually I feel like it left residue on my skin which means my skin didn't actually take the moisture. 



Next is the Octavia Molina Hair product Aceite de Aragan Hair Oil. Basically what you do for this is put it in your hair for extra moisture and to smooth it down. Aragan oil is actually really good for your hair in general. But, if you're like me, you might be allergic to it and it will make your head itch. So it's comes down to a benefits vs pains problem. At this point, my hair is pretty all right. Back when I bleached it four times in a night. (No joke. I did.) I would have poured the entire bottle on my dry ends, but now I don't know if I need it. 

I'm going to combine the last two items. Mostly because they're both eye products.  The Ipsy Nyx Cosmetics Eye Shadow Trio 

And Elizabeth Mott's Queen of the Fill Eyebrow Tinted Brow Gel

The eye shadow was my second favorite thing in there. It's pretty pigmented, which means it's got a lot of color. Except for the lightest shade. I feel like that's more sparkle and less color, but it's supposed the be nude. The other two are really great and blend well.  
I like the Eyebrow gel too. I only recently started messing with my eyebrows. I've prefered thin ones when I actually care. This makes it a little thicker and really fills it in over my brow shadow I use. 

Here's a few vanity shots of me wearing both. 
 


You can't tell, but the left eyebrow has deep scar in it and this really fills it in and just kind of holds things in place. It's really nice. I know in these shots I have a few other colors from my Ulta palette. I think in the brow. But I have the middle shade mostly in the crease, some in on the lid and the dark on the outer corner. 

And that my dears is the Ipsy bag. Oh yeah, here's the actual bag, which I love. 


It's not huge, but it's a good travel size. I like the color to. It's actually as gold as it pictures. 

Ok, so that is the Ispy bag. If you want to get your own Ipsy bag you can use the referral code down here

or go to the Ipsy Website


Here's to hoping we find what we're searching for

As Always, 


No comments :

Post a Comment