Thursday, January 21, 2016

At Home Waxing


So if you were to go to a salon and wax you'd spend $$ dollars. Nothing is under a double digit. However, you can wax at home and save yourself some pretty pennies. So, I personally like to get Surgi Hard Wax. I tried soft wax once. It was evil. It got every where and I still can't get it off my cabinet.  It's roughly $7.00 at Sally's Beauty Supply.

Anyway, I'm a hard wax girl, so I thought I would help you save some of those pretty pennies and learn to wax. I got into the nitty-gritty and did my under arms. Mostly because I'm learning to thread those and have been doing that.  

So, first you have to gather your implements of torture. 


Rubbing alcohol
and Surgi Wax

So first, you'll want to clean the area. I'm using rubbing alcohol because, I'm not kidding you don't want any dirt or oils on the skin. If you have oils or even deodorant, it won't adhere to the skin. Once you've taken the oils off you'll want to start warming the wax. 

now, you can buy a fancy wax warmer, and those are actually pretty nice to have, but I don't have one. So I just use the microwave. 


So, you put the wax thing in there, and obviously mine has been used before so it's a little gross. Sorry. 


You run the wax for 30 seconds, taking it out an stirring it each time. This really depends on the power of your microwave. You want to melt it until it's fairly runny, probably about the consistency of chocolate. 


When you're applying hard wax to any area, you want to apply it thickly. It makes it easier pull off. If you do soft wax, you'll want to do it a thin layer. Either way, you want to work it into the hair. Generally you want to go in the direction of the hair. Since under arm hair, grows in a circle, you'll want to apply the wax in a cross. 
If you can, you'll need to pull the skin taut. This way you can really get the wax in the hair. If not, it's all right. 



Once you've got it on let the wax get hard. Pull the wax off in the opposite direction of the hair. Yes it is painful, but it's not terrible. You'll probably have to do it at least three times. 
One thing to know about waxing, the more you wax the less you have to. I don't know why, but it makes the hair grow in more finely every time. 



Finished results. 

So much excite. This is actually really great for summer, because suddenly all your shirts are sleeveless and there's the swimsuits. 







post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment