Tuesday, January 12, 2016

DIY Vanilla Syrup

So, in order to save some money I decided to cut back on Starbucks, because I mean seriously, paying $5.00 for one drink is just ridiculous. 
So, one of my favorite drinks is an iced caramel machiatto. It requires vanilla syrup, and sure I can buy a big thing of it for $5.00, that's still super cost effective, or I could make my own. 
I was in DIY mode, I decided to make my own. It's incredibly simple. 
So first you'll need to get your stuff together. 
1. sugar
2. water
3. Pot
4. Vanilla 
5. Container
So the nice thing about this is it's a one to one ratio on sugar and water. So one cup of water takes one cup of sugar. 
So I did one cup of water and one cup of sugar in a pot. 
Turn the burner on and stir the sugar and water until it's been brought to a gentle boil. Make sure that everything is mixed completely. 




 Pour it into a container and let it cool off a little bit. 


 Add roughly two teaspoons to the mixture. Stir that together. 

Done!

 
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment