Saturday, January 16, 2016

DIY Starbucks Gingerbread Latte



So to continue the strike against Starbucks, I found a recipe from Big Man's World and adapted it, because his was vegan. I'm not a vegan. 

So you can be like Grav3yardgirl and buy two bottles of ginger bread syrup, or you can follow the below recipe and be completely DIY. 



2 cups of milk
2 cups of coffee
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
4 tablespoons of sugar 



Add two cups of milk to a pot. 


Then add two cups of coffee.  I started out with one but the coffee flavor wasn't strong enough for me so I added a second one. That's actually the great thing about making your own. You can customize it how ever you like it. 


You mix all that together and bring it to a boil. 



Rather than giving you five different shots of me adding the same amount of stuff, I just mixed it all together. You add it to the boiling mixture and stir some more. 


Finally add sugar. Again, I had to adapt the recipe. It originally called for Stevia or some other substitute, but yeah. I can't stand the taste. I might as well have sugar. So I added four tablespoons, since sugar isn't as sweet as sweeteners. 

You mix that together and once your done you can serve yourself.This makes two servings for large mugs, and two and quarter for smaller mugs. 



Enjoy!

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment