Thursday, January 28, 2016

DIY All Purpose Cleaner and Carpet Cleaner


So, I'm making more cleaners. And I've used them somewhat. In the long run they would be cheaper than buying something pre-made. 
One of my favorite things about making things at home is that they're customizeable. That's a big thing for me. I like things just so a lot of the times. Anyway, I'll start on the all purpose cleaner. 

So, vinegar, 
dish soap
tea Tree oil
I don't have any specific measurements for it either. 

It's mostly vinegar. 

Then you add some dish soap, roughly half a tablespoon.

And a few drops of tea tree oil for the antibacterial properties. Although, it's optional if you don't have it on hand. 

I would say it works pretty well. The only complaint I have is the strong vinegar smell, but that's about it. I used it in the bathroom, and to clean up dog messes on the floor. In my opinion you probably use just as much as normal cleaner. 


Ok, now for the carpet cleaner. 


I found recipes on Pinterest of different scents you can get. I have carpet in my bedroom, and since my dog refuses to be house broken--little hell hound, but I love her-- I wanted to use one for getting rid of pet odors. 
The premise is that you use 15 drops of essential oils per 1 cup of baking soda. 
I used an Parmesan cheese container because I didn't want to buy one. 
You need at least one cup of baking soda and essential oils. I have Purification and Thieves here for the pet odors. 


One cup of baking soda. 



10 drops of purification
5 drops thieves
It smells like Christmas to me. 


Mix, and let sit for 20 minutes

Sprinkle on the floor. 

Wait 20 minutes. 

Vacuum up. 
Done. 



post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment