Tuesday, December 8, 2015

25 Days of Beauty: Mac Lipstick Dupes


So, comes down to Christmas time, we all want to dress up, but we don't necessarily want to pay the price, so I bought some Mac samples and found lipsticks that were supposed to be dupes of them. 
I figured I show you them side by side and see if you can tell the difference. 
I did a range of colors from orange red to dark purple.  
Here's the first one 
Mac's Lady Danger vs. Wet in the Wild Purty Persimmon


To see if there's any difference in the flash I took one with flash as well. 

Can you tell the difference? 
Not really with these, but here you go. 

Purty Persimmon is $1.99 at Walgreens

Wet 'n Wild Stoplight Red vs Mac's Ruby Woo
When I swatch this one on my arm it's really different, but on the mouth I can't see as much of a difference. 
With Flash


I just realized that my mouth is super uneven, I probably should have bought a lip liner to correct a little bit, but that's too much effort. 

Stoplight Red is $1.99 at Walgreens

Mac Diva vs. Wet 'n Wild Cherry Bomb
I feel like the darker the colors get, the more you can tell the difference. This one still isn't too bad. I will say there is a difference in formula, obviously. Sometimes it takes a minute for the lipstick to warm up.

With flash




Cherry Bomb costs $1.99 at Walgreens


Revlon Va Va Violet vs. Mac Cyber
 Personally, I feel like this one is the most obvious, especially in the pigmentation. 


If you couldn't tell on this one. Another possible dupe for Cyber is "Vamp it up" by Wet 'n Wild. 
$7.99 at Ulta. This one was super difficult to find in stores. I had to go to Ulta; I couldn't get it at Walgreens or CVS. 

So here's the purpose of dupes. A Mac lipstick generally costs $16-17, these dupes cost a lot less. 


post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment