Thursday, December 24, 2015

25 Days of Beauty: 8 Hair Care Tips

1. Brush your hair when wet. 
There are two schools on this one. I'm aware of that, but my hair dresser advised me to never brush my curly hair when dry. It only makes it frizzy and rips the hair because it has no elasticity. 
When you're hair is wet, however, you can comb it with a wide tooth comb. 
Oh, that's another thing, avoid brushing your hair, always try to comb it.
2. Wash your hair every other day
I know people who wash their hair only a few times a week. I can't do that. I have to wash it every other day. I know this sounds a little gross, and your hair will be greasy the first few days. However, a lot of times oily hair is like an oily face. Your strip your hair bare every day, and it has to over compensate.
Washing it every other day allows the hair time to actually use the oils it produces. If you feel like your hair is greasy, spray it with a little dry shampoo. 
3. Ditch the Suds
Another thing you'll want to do is get rid of your harsh shampoo. Now, I will admit that I'll wash my hair with a harsh shampoo every once in a big while, but for the most part I avoid it. I like to get shampoo and conditioner that is sulfate and paraben free. These always have less soap in them. So they don't suds as much.
Less suds = better for your hair. 
You don't have to buy them from the salon either. I go to places like TJ MAXX and get good sized bottles for good prices. 
Just as a side note, you're hair will continue to produce a lot of oils when you first make the change. Don't stop though. It will eventually get used to the changes and produce oil accordingly.
4. Don't sleep on your hair
I mean it. Put your hair in a bun or a braid at night. Even if your not a restless sleeper, you still move around in your sleep. All that tossing and turning tears your hair. Putting it up minimizes the damages.
5. Beat the Heat
This is one of the most common hair tips. Try to avoid using heat on your hair. There are plenty of hair hacks that allow you to style your hair with out heat. Braids are my favorite. I braid my wet hair and sleep on that.
6. Use hair masks
I try to put a hair mask or deep conditioner in my hair at least once a week. Even though if you don't put a whole lot of heat on your hair, life is still tough. A lot of times I'll buy mine from the impulse section at Ulta. They're usually only $2 or $3 and I get more than one use out of them. You don't have to buy them, though; you can also make your own like this one
If you don't want to do either of those, just leave in your conditioner over night. 
No matter what you do, focus on the ends of your hair. That's the oldest and deadest hair. It needs the most love.
7. Don't touch your hair
Our hands are gross. We know this. They're also oily. The more you touch your hair the dirtier and greasier it gets.
This one is hard for me. I get annoyed or hot and my hair goes up. Then it annoys me that it's up so I take it back down. Also, I touch my hair when I'm nervous or relaxing. 
Yeah. Still working on this one. 
8.  Trim your hair regularly
I'm not saying cut your hair into a bob, but get rid of the deadness. Trim your ends a little bit once you start noticing them looking like a broom end. It cuts down on frizz, but also allows the new growth get longer rather than going into the breakage. 
Besides, this is a two-for. I get in these weird moods where I want to chop all my hair off. Trimming it allows me to change my hair with out making a commitment to it.
Those are my eight hair care tips. 
Enjoy!
As Always,
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment