Thursday, October 29, 2015

In Search Of. . . Beauty: Fave Beauty products





So, I still wanted to do my Ipsy bag review this month without adding an extra post to my work load. It worked out well with the favorite beauty products theme for the day. 

So we begin with the bag. This month was all about alter egos, so the bag was a bit two faced. 


I think there was too much contrast on the black bag, or maybe I deleted the background. Anyway, one side was black patent leather and the other side was a nice shiny gold. It's a square bag. I don't feel like it fits a lot of make up that well. I actually use it as a little wallet for my phone and work stuff. I keep my lipstick of the day in there. 
When I tell people that I do Ipsy, they often ask me if it's worth it. I can't say yes or no for you. I think it is so far. To help people decide I'm going to add the price range if I can. Some of these don't have a price/size range available.
So we'll go in order of least to greatest. 

The Aromachology .12 oz Exotic and Spicy
 
I'm picky about perfumes. I only like specific smells, and this wasn't one of them. It kind of reminded me of an old lady. In fact, I gave it to an old lady who really liked it. 
I tried to find the travel size on the Aromachology website, but it only listed the full size one for $70.

The Emite Makeup Tweezers
For the life of me, I couldn't seem to get these right side up. 

These are tweezers. They're pretty good, but they're tweezers, nothing special. 
If you buy them from the Emite Make up website, they cost $25.

Meet Matt(e) Hughes Matte Lipstick .04 oz


I got the color Committed, which is a great natural lip color. This lipstick smells like mint chocolate which is amazing, but it takes forever to dry. 
When it does dry, it has a consistently sticky texture around the inner part of your lips. The outer part however, is so dry you can't rub your lips together. 
It does last a lot longer compared to most regular non-matte formulas I've tried, but don't put any kind of oil on top of it. If you do that, it becomes exactly the same and comes of immediately. 
A full size goes from 13-17 depending on where you buy it. 

MicaBeauty Cosmetics Cream Eye shadow .14oz


This is actually an Ipsy exclusive, which means you can only get the formula from an Ipsy bag. That is actually one really cool thing about Ipsy. Some of there things you can't get anywhere else. 
I got the color bronze, which is the lid color in pictures. It spreads pretty well, and lasts pretty well. It will stay put if you have an eye primer. It goes on just like a regular eye shadow despite being a cream. 
A MicaBeauty Cosmetics sells for roughly $15 for a full size pot. Even with this one, little one it's still going to last a while. 

Lastly, my favorite thing in the bag. 

Vasanti Brighten Up! Face Rejuvenator Travel Size 
This is manna from heaven, only I know what it is. (Manna means "what is it?) It's a enzymatic facial scrub and it works wonders. 
I exfoliate nearly every night, just because if I don't my body freaks out. I have a good one from Ulta, but I want to buy this in a full size next time I'm ready to. It leaves my skin baby soft and gets it really clean. The beads are extra fine which is really good for your face, since the skin there is delicate. 
This one costs 10.00 for this size, a full size costs 34.00. In my opinion, this one makes it worth the 10.00 cost, and the bag. Those things are really nifty, and I'll probably use them as gift bags in the future once I've accumulated a fair stock. 
So that's my review of the October Ipsy Bag. 
Let me know if you like the addition of the prices either by email at insearchofwonderment@gmail.com

Or
Twitter, Instagram, or Tumblr via the links to the right. 

As Always, 



No comments :

Post a Comment