Sunday, October 11, 2015

In Search Of. . . Observations: Things that Inspire Me


In Search Of. . . Observations: Things that Inspire me


I hate it when someone asks me this question and I just stare at them, entirely confused.

 It just seems so ambiguous.  
Are people asking if I look at this one thing, and suddenly I'm inspired. Nope, doesn't work that way for me.
My brain decides when it's inspired.
For me it's mostly things that lend themselves to situations and remind me of characters or things.

A couple of things inspire me to write.
Dreams. Literally, sometimes I wish I could record my dreams. My brain tells me some great stories.
Music.
Books. Some of the best sources of inspiration.
Shows I really like.
Sometimes art, but not the weird abstract stuff. More classical things.

For me, writing is a process. It's work. Unfortunately inspiration has less to do with it than just plain old elbow grease. Yes, you do get the occasional stroke of genius, but that only lasts so long. Sometimes you have to get through that bad spot. You know the one when you go back and read it again and ask yourself did a three year old write this? No, because he would have done a better job.
That phase.


This quote is the unfortunate truth.


I do have a few life inspirations.

It's really dumb, but I want to be like Jessica Fletcher, Angela Lansbury's character from the old tv show, "Murder, She Wrote." She always handled everything with grace and poise. I would love to be that graceful,  I'm so far from that it's not even funny, but see the above quote as to why I'm not there 

Sometimes I get inspired by fitness and beauty.
The number on the scale and fitting into my clothes inspires me a lot. 

So, those are the things that inspire me, loosely. Inspiration doesn't really do anyone any good if they don't apply it to their hard work.

As always,


No comments :

Post a Comment