Monday, October 5, 2015

In Search Of. . . Observations: 5 Favorites Movies


5. Old Black and White
I know this is a category. But there are so many that I love. I mean I normally prefer these old movies to newer movies. In my opinion the actors really acted, and other talents like singing and dancing. But that's one girls opinion.
The top 3 are:

5.3 Sargent York

This is based on a true story of a backwoods mountain man who used to be wild, but was a great shot with a rifle. He turned Puritan, and then was shipped out to fight in World War 1. He captured an entire battalion of the enemy with only eight men. Completely worth the watch.
5.2 Harvey the White Rabbit.
It stars Jimmy Stewart and an invisible 6' 3.5" ft. rabbit. The amazing thing is that you never see the rabbit. Everyone has to react to something that is not there. And for the most part you actually believe it. That it's just funny confusion.

5.1 Arsenic and Old Lace

This is a truly hilarious movie. It doesn't get much funnier than Carry Grant and his crazy, yet loving family. Most definitely a must see.

4. Most Musicals--
Very little discretion... just I like singing and dancing. I love the old ones, black and white, and in technicolor. Singing in the Rain was the album of my childhood. Although, occasionally I'll find one I don't like. I wasn't overly impressed with Hairspray. While I like Sweeny Todd, I feel like the musical score was kind of wasted on it. Generally, though, I like most Musicals.

3. Jurassic Park 1-4

Why? Because Dinosaurs.
Who doesn't love dinosaurs? They're so cool! I've always loved them.
I remember being a small biped and making my parents buy me a huge book on dinosaurs. Then I would make my mom read it to me.
Movies about dinosaurs so up my alley.
Now, I don't believe in evolution; I believe in creation. Yes, I know dinosaurs didn't really look like that, and no one really knows what they actually looked like. . . blah, blah, blah.
DINOSAURS!
So I like all four movies in chronological order. The first one was the best. It is *THE* dinosaur movie of the world. Well, maybe not the world, but it's up there in the top five. 2 was pretty good. Nothing like the book. Three was ok. Four was great, but the plot was a little confused for my writer brain.
*The pictures for movies 1,2, and 4 are not the general. They are the remakes from this amazing artist. Used with out permission. Making no money from them. 

2. Patriot

Aw, my favorite movie no one will watch with me any more.
 I loved this movie all through junior high and high school. I remember being so excited to go to Charleston for my Junior trip. Not that I hadn't been there before.
I think it's my favorite movie because of all the guys. So what? I'm shallow on some occasions.
And you can't forget Jason Isaacs as Col. Tavington and still-living Heath Ledger. That was every girls favorite movie that year I think.
That and it's really action packed in a cool historical sort of way. In case you can't tell, I'm not one for sappy romantic comedies.

And the Finally
1. Die Hard 1, Die Hard with a Vengeance, Live Free or Die Hard, A Good Day to Die Hard.

BRUCE WILLIS
All other arguments are invalid.
BRUCE WILLIS is my favorite favorite. He kicks butt! He really is the underdog in most of his movies, but he prevails. I mean in the first movie, he did the entire thing with out shoes. He's actually like a real person, not a super hero. He just happens to be smart.
I hate the second movie though. Don't ask why, because I can't tell you. It's not a bad movie, I've just never liked it.
One other thing that's really great in this movie is how they continue the story life of him trying to reconnect with his family. It's not as prevalent in the third movie, but he always is trying to connect with them.
Then I just like Bruce Willis. I rarely watch a movie that he's in and don't enjoy it. RED amazing movie. Date night, great movie, Fifth Element cult classic. I know that when he dies I will go into mourning the way women did for Elvis. I will wear back and small peice of my child hood will die.

Anyway, this is a super long post. Sorry. I guess after the super short one, I had a lot to say.

*I'm going to take a moment to say check the ratings of these movies and see how they fall in line with your belief system.

As Always,

No comments :

Post a Comment