Friday, October 23, 2015

In Search Of. . Beauty: Past Costumes

I don't celebrate Halloween. LE GASP. The whole world is ending. I swear to cow. The Horror! THE HORROR. 
Totally, kidding. It's a personal preference. It's not the dressing up. I don't think there's anything wrong with dressing up. It's about celebrating demons.
Before you decide that you hate me, remember, I'm not saying you can't celebrate Halloween, I'm just saying that I don't. 
So I decided that you guys could be Twiggy for a costume party. 

Obviously it's not exact. But it's as close as an amateur can get. So, first you start with the blank face.

Then do your color correct, concealer, foundation, and powder. 

This is actually a simple look to complete. You prime your eyes if you're going to wear it for a while. I didn't because I was washing it off immediately. 
I used my Maybeline Brights Pallete for this whole thing. 
First, take a black. 

Take a small pointed brush and load it up. Place it slightly above your crease and apply it darkly.

Next you take a white on a flat brush. 



Apply it to the lid and up into the black. Again, apply it thickly. You can also apply a light, bright blue, but I had white on hand. 
This is kind of what it looks like when you're done.

Next, you apply your eye liner. You'll need a black liquid black liner. I used NYC liquid liner. 


Do a thick line and flick it down at the end. The next part is the hardest. Twiggy always had the bottom eyelashes drawn on. This takes practice.



I drew little triangles under my eye. Like I said, it takes practice. Even this is a little messy. You can always wipe away and begin again. If your eye liner brush is too thick, you can put some eye liner on  your hand and get a skinnier brush.

Now, you can either buy a nude lipstick or make your own. I took the concealer and put it on my lips until they were a light white. I have an old Mally peach lip gloss that I put it over.

It turned out like this. I feel like that looked about right for the 60's Mod looked. You don't have to do this nude kind of color. Sometimes I saw pictures of her with brighter make up. So it's up to you. 

Next, hair. Again, here's another video. Still working on quality. 

And we're done: 






No comments :

Post a Comment