Thursday, October 15, 2015

In Search Of. . . Written Words: What's On My Playlist?


All right so this is a hard one, because I don't have a specific playlist on my phone. 
Everything I listen to depends on my mood or what I'm doing, but it all stems from my YouTube playlist. A lot of times I just let the playlist run. 
I have a smattering of everything on there it would seem. I have a lot of Pitbull, Taylor Swift, and Maroon 5, for when I need to feel upbeat. 
Blue October, some One Republic, Regina Spektor for when I feel more mellow. There are some other ones. 
I guess my playlist is just a compilation of my favorites. Some times I come across songs and I remember a time associated with it. 
There are times though, when I can't stand words in music. Usually its when I need to concentrate and I turn on instrumental music. 
Like I said, it's all based on music. There is one thing, I rarely like love songs. I think a lot of times they give us false expectations of life, kind of like movies. I won't say I hate all love songs, but if I ran a radio channel, it would play the least amount of love songs. 

Sometimes I have my I heart Radio stations playing. That's when I'm in a country music mood though. I can select to play a lot of the older songs, basically anything pre Rascal Flats (because thats when country music died.)
Plus a lot of those songs are tied into my growing up years and it's hard to beat George Strait, Alan Jackson, Shiana Twain, and Toby Keith. It is. Don't even try. 

I guess my playlist is just a compilation of my favorites. Some times I come across songs and I remember a time associated with it. There are times a song comes on my playlist, and I recall where I was when I listened to it. Other things too, like who I was thinking of.
                                     
As Always,

No comments :

Post a Comment